Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silver Buckskin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Silver Buckskin? on 5/17/2010, 6:12 pm

Rollo

Here is my welsh section a mare, she is what i originally thought to be a sooty palomino but someone has mentioned silver buckskin as a possibility.

Having reserched silver in welshies she does have a known silver producer about 5 generations back, but all her parents/grandparents etc have been chestnut or pally/buckskin so would have gone unnoticed.

She is definately a cream carrier, having bred me a cremello/perlino foal, her last 2 foals for me have been chestnuts.

Anyway - all views welcome. Very Happy

2 Re: Silver Buckskin? on 5/17/2010, 8:20 pm

It's certainly possible. There's only two ways to know for certain. 1: If she produces a black based foal by a red based stallion. 2: Testing.

Look at the very edges of her ears both front and back and tell me if you can find a dark rim. That might help.

Welcome to the board!

View user profile

3 Re: Silver Buckskin? on 5/20/2010, 4:58 pm

Rollo

Unfortunately she is a wild mare and i cannot get close enough to pull hair or check her ears! LOL

4 Re: Silver Buckskin? on 5/20/2010, 6:53 pm

Well that stinks! Laughing I guess now we just have to debate and hope she proves herself with her kiddos eventually. Laughing

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum