Silver Equine Directory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silver Warmbloods??? Anyone have any more information on these horses??

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RiddeMT

This mare and foal have apparently been tested Silver Bay
Silver Warmbloods??? Anyone have any more information on these horses?? IMG_0016

This mare has also been tested to be silver
Silver Warmbloods??? Anyone have any more information on these horses?? Foto-FALSEMD7

This is her sire, who I am unaware if he has been tested or not
Silver Warmbloods??? Anyone have any more information on these horses?? Foto-GTW7IO7E

This horse is also suspected silver
Silver Warmbloods??? Anyone have any more information on these horses?? 1099218376

And there have apparently been more that have been tested...Does anyone have any more information on this???

RiddleMeThis

I posted the above message, sorry I did not realize I was not signed in.

3Silver Warmbloods??? Anyone have any more information on these horses?? Empty Awesome! 5/17/2009, 3:33 pm

Safyre

Safyre

Do you know their names or bloodlines? I know they has been talk for years about Dutch Warmbloods carrying silver but I have had a hard time confirming the bloodlines.

I while back ago a photo was submitted of what look like a silver WB mare. She had tested as being black based. Silver test came back negative though. It does suggest that there may be another mustation that mimics silver dilution.

Monique

http://www.SafyreStudios.com

RiddleMeThis

Heres all the other information I have on these horses/bloodlines. I will PM the person I got the information from and ask her if she knows names or anything as I dont think she ever replied to me when I asked.

Lots of horses have been tested when tests for silver became available, and those weird coloured DWBs turned out to really be silvers.
The silver gene can be traced back to only a hand full of horses, the stallions Iregon, Goya, Uron, Baltus, Nelson and Havanna. Those stallions were all related, and all the silver horses trace back to old Groningen horse bloodlines.

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

Very possible. There have been more and more tested silver warmbloods these days. There have been confirmed silver dapple and bay only. All those horses ancestors (Iregon,Goya ect) could have been carrying the gene the whole time but hidden. And if they are related that means that one horse that they have in common in their pedigree has the silver gene. Just like the pearl gene one random mare with out and ancestors with the gene produced several pearl horses. You just never know. scratch study

SilverDilute wrote:Very possible. There have been more and more tested silver warmbloods these days. There have been confirmed silver dapple and bay only. All those horses ancestors (Iregon,Goya ect) could have been carrying the gene the whole time but hidden. And if they are related that means that one horse that they have in common in their pedigree has the silver gene. Just like the pearl gene one random mare with out and ancestors with the gene produced several pearl horses. You just never know. scratch study

There is a German bred Warmblood standing in England called Magic Gold. He has a palomino base coat and a grey mane and he is being advertised as carrying the silver gene. I would have thought it would have been illegal to claim this horse was carrying silver if it wasn't and they do have some other unusual stallions at that stud. Not sure if I can cut and paste a photograph of him but I'll try.........nah...didn't work, the link is
www.unique-stallions.co.uk. I don't know how far back Iregon, Goya etc are but I didn't recognise any of those names in his pedigree. I'm not sure if they export frozen semen but if anyone is genuinely interested I'll add that the first time I emailed the stud I didn't get a reply their email link doesn't work very well but they have a few listings so anyone interested should try them all because on one of them they give an alternative email address for anyone having problems.

accphotography

Admin

Unless he has been actually tested as being silver, I doubt he is. It's very rare in Warmbloods and it does NOT show on palominos so the only way to have known would have been to test.

accphotography wrote:Unless he has been actually tested as being silver, I doubt he is. It's very rare in Warmbloods and it does NOT show on palominos so the only way to have known would have been to test.

My friend thinks he is unlikely to have the silver gene too, she says plenty of Welsh cobs have silver in their manes but it's not the silver gene and she thinks Magic Gold will be similar colouring to that but I have to say the only ones I've seen with silver have been dark liver chestnut which is like the rocky mountain horses silver dapple colouring. Not sure how the genetics differ or are similar. I just don't know how someone can advertise a horse as carrying the silver gene unless it's been tested but I've shortlisted him for use on my Perlino filly and I'll make sure I ask for his Dna results first.
I can't get over how gorgeous silver looks on the dark bodied horses, wish we had more of these champagne/silver gene stallions in the UK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum