Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is my mini a silver?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2 Re: Is my mini a silver? on 11/3/2010, 9:50 pm

She's definitely silver. I'm not positive on which shade but she appears to me a smokey silver grulla IMO. The foal appears to be black silver.

View user profile

3 Re: Is my mini a silver? on 11/4/2010, 9:02 am

Thanks thats great! Very Happy She doesnt have a dorsal stripe. Does silver affect the dorsal stripe? Her winter fuzzies come in very light tan on her body. She was bred to a chestnut stallion this year. Any ideas on possible foal colours?

View user profile

4 Re: Is my mini a silver? on 11/4/2010, 9:17 pm

Sometimes dorsals don't show well in grulla minis, especially those with cream, even more in those with silver. She's just not right for silver alone or silver and cream alone.

You could get just about anything from that cross. LOL

View user profile

5 Re: Is my mini a silver? on 11/5/2010, 10:11 am

Could she be a silver roan? It doesnt show in the pictures but her body coat has a lot of white hairs mixed in. Not on her face or legs though.

View user profile

6 Re: Is my mini a silver? on 11/5/2010, 10:18 am

Also her face and legs are much darker now without sun-bleaching. A dark chocolate with marbleing on her legs. Under her mane where theres no bleaching its a real grulla color. I`ll try to get some new pics this weekend.

View user profile

7 Re: Is my mini a silver? on 11/7/2010, 10:01 pm

That's why I'm seeing possible dun. I don't see roan though.

View user profile

9 Re: Is my mini a silver? on 11/24/2010, 11:27 am

She's definitely a silver black base. I personally think she also has dun, and she might have cream as well. She's cute as a button!!

View user profile

10 Re: Is my mini a silver? on 6/19/2011, 9:20 pm

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum