Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!


You are not connected. Please login or register

possibilities of silver

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 possibilities of silver on 9/17/2009, 10:18 am

PD


Guest
sooty pally father / dark buckskin mother .. he was born bright chestnut ...



2 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/17/2009, 10:40 am

HB


Guest
Fiver on it that he is Rolling Eyes

3 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/17/2009, 4:23 pm

Palomino.

ACC

View user profile

4 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/17/2009, 5:03 pm

pd


Guest
HB .... affraid lol!

5 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/18/2009, 6:21 am

HB


Guest
stand my ground

fiver he is

6 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/18/2009, 9:08 am

Well I didn't say he couldn't ALSO be silver Wink (but I still say he's palomino).

The reddish gold color on his hind quarter and that super blonde left fore really indicate a red base to me. He could even be chestnut for that matter.

Not to mention that he appears to be Welsh, and silver is pretty rare in Welsh. Palominos that look like this, however, are pretty common.

Based on his parentage he had a 75% chance of having cream, and he's definitely not a buckskin or smokey black, soooo... Of course there is that other 25%, but I just don't believe it in this case.

So will we find out the answer?

ACC

View user profile

7 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/19/2009, 10:00 am

PD


Guest
will have to just sit back and see now ..
Very Happy Wink

8 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/19/2009, 11:10 am

Considering he's already shed out, if you can't tell now, I doubt that will change.

ACC

View user profile

9 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/19/2009, 5:17 pm

HB


Guest
I think PD was referring to waiting for the test results, not what her eyes can tell her next week Rolling Eyes

10 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/19/2009, 5:49 pm

Hard to tell since she didn't say she was testing or even answer that question at all.

ACC

View user profile

11 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 12:05 pm

PD


Guest
Thanks HB ... Wink Rolling Eyes

ACC ... Am having a silver test done as although he seems to look liver/dark chestnut ..he has some similarities which occur in the silver , although i know that in chestnuts it doesn't show No ... so he'll either be a chestnut with silver gene or a chestnut ... do apologise for the confusion confused

PD

12 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 12:33 pm

So why do you think he can't be a bay silver? Or a palomino?

FWIW sooty can cause ALOT of similar characteristics to silver.

ACC

View user profile

13 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 1:34 pm

HB


Guest
You come across awfully agressive ACC? Us mere mortals are simply guessing at possibilities, theres no need to be so abrupt, we have absolutely no idea what colour he is and were asking for other oppinions to see if they were similar to our own, all of a sudden we are made to feel like kids in detention What a Face

14 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 2:06 pm

Not sure why you think I'm being aggressive. I might say you were being sensitive, but I can't even see what there is to be sensitive about.

I am merely asking why the owner of this horse thinks the only thing he can be is chestnut. She stated that directly and it just simply doesn't make sense to me. I merely asked a question.

ACC

View user profile

15 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 2:39 pm

accphotography wrote:Not sure why you think I'm being aggressive. I might say you were being sensitive, but I can't even see what there is to be sensitive about.
Agreed. If THATS being aggressive, well you don't want to see ACC really BEING aggressive LOL

Questions were asked, and opinions were given. That is all. No aggressiveness, just questions and opinions.

View user profile

16 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 3:10 pm

PD


Guest
The reason i say chestnut .. is that he looks more that that bay .. Rolling Eyes

have to say ACC your comments are welcome but they do seem abrupt .. Shocked

17 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 3:19 pm

PD wrote:The reason i say chestnut .. is that he looks more that that bay .. Rolling Eyes
So does this one
[img] Cool


This one also looks more chestnut than black



This one looks more palomino than smoky black



But just because they look more like one thing does not mean they aren't the thing that they don't look.

View user profile

18 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 3:23 pm

PD


Guest
Now that is being sarcastic ..
asked opinions .. and ones like that i'm not sure i want !

19 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 3:23 pm

I dunno, when most people see a mane and hocks that dark (and then that weanling photo), they usually think bay. However I still say palomino, but I guess we won't know the answer to that one.

ACC

View user profile

20 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 3:24 pm

PD wrote:Now that is being sarcastic ..
Not at all. That first horse is tested silver bay.

The second horse is tested black.

The third is tested smoky black.

Nothing sarcastic at all. Complete fact.

View user profile

21 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 3:25 pm

PD wrote:Now that is being sarcastic ..
asked opinions .. and ones like that i'm not sure i want !

I'm not really sure how that's sarcastic when those horses are TESTED as black based. it's just pointint out that not everything is how it seems.

ACC

View user profile

22 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 4:06 pm

PD


Guest
the question asked ... is he a silver , not a bay/chestnut/black/spotty etc

23 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 4:07 pm

PD wrote:the question asked ... is he a silver , not a bay/chestnut/black/spotty etc
Even if he IS silver, he will still be chestnut or black or bay.

View user profile

24 Re: possibilities of silver on 9/20/2009, 4:23 pm

Well if he's chestnut it doesn't matter if he's silver or not (except for breeding purposes, but I mean it doesn't matter because we can't see it). Unfortunately just a silver test will only answer one of the many questions your horse poses.

ACC

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum