Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

extension/agouti test completed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 extension/agouti test completed on 12/23/2009, 11:20 pm

I just received conformation on the extension and agouti tests done by Davis.
Coat Color results for Waspy Leo(DT23209):

Red-Factor Result:
E/E - No red factor detected. Horse cannot have red foals regardless of the color of mate. Basic color is black, bay or brown in the absence of other modifying genes.

Agouti Result:
A/A - Black pigment distributed in points pattern. Basic color is bay or brown in the absence of other modifying genes.

So I guess that means that he will produce only foals either bay/brown or black (regardless of mare color) either with or without the silver gene. Correct? No red heads out of this boy, LOL. There is more of a chance then that he will produce silver since the red is eliminated right? (because silver does not show on red)
Great to know, thanks for suggesting the test.

View user profile http://www.ingasmith.com

2 Re: extension/agouti test completed on 12/24/2009, 1:23 am

Absolutely fascinating test result. I can also guarantee this ups your boy's value by ALOT. It will also up his attraction as a stallion by alot.

He will ONLY produce bay bases, period. Black is not possible. 50% will be bay, 50% bay silver. Of course if the mare is carrying something else the foal could be any number of things, but it will ALWAYS be a bay base. This will be disappointing for those wanting to breed a black silver, but such is life. However, being homozygous black is a HUGE, HUGE benefit, especially for a silver stallion.

Very exciting! I'm so glad you tested!

ACC

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum