Silver Equine Directory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silver Australian Stock horses

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Silver Australian Stock horses Empty Silver Australian Stock horses 1/12/2010, 11:02 pm

tbtash

tbtash

Here are a some stunning silver Aus STK horses bred by a lovely lady in NSW(Mrs Groeneveld) who is very keen about this dilute and has some fabulous horses. Drool worthy
Stallion(ridden) and mare(with foal) and a homozygous(tested) filly! They are legitimate and the colour of the homozygous is amazing, I have seen another homozygous (tested) mare and she was also a lighter version of the silver black so correct me if I am wrong but maybe the double ZZ lightens the black coat even more??
ENJOY
Silver Australian Stock horses Silver10Silver Australian Stock horses Dsc_0010Silver Australian Stock horses Black_11 Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.tashanorpark.com

silverlady

silverlady

Hi lovely horses! I'd love to see more pics if you can get some?

Could you do me a favour please (as I'm in Aus as well)? Could you ask Mrs Groeneveld if she might know of my silver bay mare of waler breeding (not sure on bloodlines) or know Cheerabun Longreach, registered Waler and Foundation ASH -no: 150893 10/05/1996

I'm trying to find out information on my mare to help with registration with the Waler Societies. She looks very much like Cheerabun Longreach (conformation, reversed similar blaze as well as the quite rare silver gene, even in Walers and ASH). I only came across him through my internet searches and accessing through an archive program, the Cheerabun Stud's website which is now deactivated (I found out they moved overseas, so can't contact them).

As the silver gene is still quite rare even in Walers and Stock horses and they are of similar type, I'm wondering if they're related. I will be getting my mare dna tested with one of the Waler Societies. Hopefully something comes up!

My mare was bought at Ecuchua sp? Horse Sales Vic by a equine welfare group mid year 06. They never spoke to the owner but think he may have been an older gentleman. She was lean but in good health. Mia, my mare was sold on three weeks later to the young lady that I bought her from. I had her out on lease as soon as I bought her as EI struck and I'm in Qld. I have only recently had her brought up to us so am yet to get a dentist to have a look at her teeth. She was sold at the sales as a 6 year old but I wouldn't be suprised if she was younger as she has matured over the years comparing pictures I have of her.

Mia was sold as broken in to saddle and harness. A picture was attached to her pen.

The photo of Mia in harness attached to the pen (her name wasn't given at the sales)
Silver Australian Stock horses 99dbce2e

Loading onto the float at the Horse Sales
Silver Australian Stock horses 55ca2f1b
At the Equine Welfare Place
Silver Australian Stock horses Barbie204_8_06

Mia now (taken a month or so ago)
Silver Australian Stock horses Ce3a59ff

Silver Australian Stock horses 9dccd4fd

Cheerabun Longreach (only pic I could find)
Silver Australian Stock horses 93691952

tbtash

tbtash

Hi--I will PM you re your mare Smile

http://www.tashanorpark.com

silverlady

silverlady

Thank you Smile

Silver Spring Farm

I am really starting to fall in love with the Australian Stock Horse. I wonder, are there registration options for Australian Stock Horse/QH crosses? What about ASH/Paint crosses?

6Silver Australian Stock horses Empty ASH Silvers 1/20/2010, 9:23 pm

sara

I have a Silver stallion and have a lovely ASh colt silver dapple if interested in seeing photos

silverlady

silverlady

Yes please!

horselin

I was interested in maybe getting some ASH some years about a year ago. They are now importing them to the states now and there is a rtice in Horse Illustrated about them. But Yes as far as I know you can register aus qh crosses. Just go to the yahoo site and click the australian flag for counntry and sarch quarter horse at stud and you'll see quaRTER HORSES WITH QH PAPERS AND ALSO REQISTERED AS ash AS WELL

9Silver Australian Stock horses Empty Australian Stockhorses 9/3/2010, 10:59 am

Hi All
This is my first post so I hope this is alright. To Silverlady, I am Mrs Groeneveld and would love to help you if I can. If you can get Horsedeals August 2010 Stallion addition and look up my stallion Scotts Repeat you can get my phone number and call. Do you have some reason to believe your mare is Waler? A few years ago an ASH Silver stallion lived in Victoria who looked very much like your mare. To the person that suggested it further dilutes yes I think it does. She is EE/Aa/ZZ.

silverla

Thank you I will do that Smile

11Silver Australian Stock horses Empty Re: Silver Australian Stock horses 11/2/2010, 11:34 pm

Slady

Hi
I did try ringing you but got no answer. Admittedly that was awhile ago now. I forgot to try again and was only thinking of it last night. I will try to remember and give you a call this weekend. I appreciate your time Smile
Cheers
Silverlady

12Silver Australian Stock horses Empty silver? breeding? 12/13/2010, 6:54 pm

Aussie

Hi just this weekend i bought a 4 yr old mare. The lady we bought her from had no information on her colouring or breeding. She is such a lovely and odd coloured mare i just had to have her. It has only been after many hours on the net researching that i believe 'Larimar' might well be a bay silver. She is also paint bred (blue eye, very small belly splashes and blaze with white up her jowl).

I was wondering if anybody knew about any silver dapple stallions or mares on the mid north coast NSW particulary in the Port Macquarie/Wauchope area, so that i may get some idea of her breeding? Thanks

silverlady

silverlady

Well I haven't found out my mare's breeding but Mrs Groeneveld from Janara Stud gave me many leads and was just lovely to chat to!

Aussie, could you post some photos? If you don't know how, you can email me and I'll do it for you - kelsiepark @ bluemaxx. com .au (remove spaces)

14Silver Australian Stock horses Empty silver horses 3/4/2011, 7:57 am

Aussie

Hi there silverlady thanks for that and have sent you an email because you know it i have no idea how to post a photo here.

I believe i might also contact janara stud as so far my search to find out about her has been unsuccessful.

thanks

silverlady

silverlady

Here you go Aussie
Lilly is a silver bay Smile

Silver Australian Stock horses E48247b5

Silver Australian Stock horses 9fbab3cf

Perhaps you could take some more pics showing Lilly standing on flatter ground and with her head up so we can see her better Smile
I don't mind posting more for you.

16Silver Australian Stock horses Empty camera shy 3/7/2011, 3:34 am

Aussie

thank you so much silverlady!
I have sent you some updated photos still not the best, she seems to know when the camera is pointing and always looks away!

Thank you Mrs Groeneveld for the info, i'll definitly chase that up. I am intrigued (if not a little obsessed), wish me luck!

Cheers

silverlady

silverlady

Lol @ Aussie. I know how you feel.
I keep ploughing away and figure maybe one day someone will know something.

Actually Aussie, if you have facebook, join the group "Recognise This Aussie Horse"
as I created it to help people such as us to track down the history of horses we own, or to find treasured horses we used to own.
There's over 400 members so someone may know something.

silverlady

silverlady

These are better pics of your mare Aussie Smile

Silver Australian Stock horses A2e20fca

Silver Australian Stock horses 44ef81ed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum