Silver Equine Directory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rosmels Golden Wonder

+7
accphotography
sandy hatton
SilverDilute
Snaffle Bit
Safyre
Silver Spring Farm
RiddleMeThis
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Rosmels Golden Wonder 4/23/2009, 4:07 am

RiddleMeThis

This stallion has not been tested, however he has proven through breeding to be carrying silver.

His sire is the Silver Cremello Rosmels Creme De Mint. He also has two tested silver foals, one out of a purebred arab mare.

Here are a few pictures of him from his website.
Rosmels Golden Wonder CarolinaWelsh07%20%201001
Rosmels Golden Wonder Golden%20jump%20wow%206-9-6
website

2Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 4/23/2009, 10:59 pm

Silver Spring Farm

What a perfect example of how well cream can cancel out silver. He's gorgeous!

3Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 4/24/2009, 3:02 pm

Safyre

Safyre

I keep coming back to these photos. I just can't believe this guy carries a silver gene. No I am just amazed!

Talia, you're right he is a great example of how cream mutes silver dilution.

http://www.SafyreStudios.com

4Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 4/24/2009, 8:40 pm

Silver Spring Farm

He almost has an Akhal Teke sheen to him too.

5Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 5/1/2009, 12:09 pm

Snaffle Bit

Wow, he's beautiful, but he looks much more Silver when he was younger.

Rosmels Golden Wonder Goldenwonder

Rosmels Golden Wonder Wonder2

Is that common with Silvers? Do they darken when they age?

6Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Darkening with age 5/1/2009, 1:25 pm

Safyre

Safyre

Yes. It is common for silvers to darken with age. Sure wish it was the other way around Smile

http://www.SafyreStudios.com

7Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 5/2/2009, 3:06 pm

Snaffle Bit

That's very interesting. I didn't know they tended to darken.

Honestly though, I sort of wonder if they dyed his mane and tail darker in those pictures? I know some breeds do that for showing to get rid of fading and such.

8Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 5/3/2009, 5:57 pm

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

Beautiful just gorgeous Smile As a youngster you could tell for sure he would be silver....but now he just looks like and ordinary buckskin.Hope he produces many wonderful foals with them.

9Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 5/5/2009, 5:28 am

sandy hatton

how strange to me at least, my buckskin taffies/silver's have not done that, two of em are nearing ten now.
I forgot to add, Pebbles is a cream/silver/bay.
Silver is a cream/silver/black (well i suspect hes a smoky black since he has also sired a perlino that was literally coffee/gold so would probably be a perlino smoky black couldnt tell if he had silver but both he and Silver are geldings now. his dam is i suspect a smoky black silver. what do u think? she is China Doll by Rebel from a black pinto welshie. as was Taffie a black/silver welshie,

Rosmels Golden Wonder Chinadollfoalsurprisebysilverrebel

this is one of my original mares Mindari Pebbles by Taffie (a black silver) from Snow, a cremello Australian pony.
Rosmels Golden Wonder Mindaripebblesdamalsoofthesirerebel

this is Fairy Queen (was born silver as you would expect any normal black except she also had a white mane and tail, went chocolate at 5) also by Taffie from Indian Queen who was a brown/black, maybe bleach black not sure but definately used to sunbleach brown after changing coat

Rosmels Golden Wonder Thehalfsistersfairyqueenandpebbles

this is Mindari Silver, by Mindari Rebel a buckskin silver pinto, By Spring Park Pee Wee a black pinto, and from Mindari Pebbles. His dam is Mindari Fairy Queen.
Rosmels Golden Wonder Mindarisilverrebelqueeniesgrands-3
he was born a strange coffee blue colour nothing like his daughters who appeared to look like in Titanias case more gold than the red in the pinto daughter.
the gold sheen is the setting sun and his fresh coat is aluminium but bleaches to a slight gold tint as well, underneath is a suspect a silver dapple taffy if clipped, never bothered too as hasnt been shown to date.

His daughter Mindari Titania from Mindari Pebbles
day she was born
Rosmels Golden Wonder Mindarititniaa
3 yrs old now
Rosmels Golden Wonder Kodakpics022-1
the one above and the one below taken 24 hours apart.
Rosmels Golden Wonder Kodakpics044-1

10Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 5/5/2009, 2:06 pm

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

Cool wow, Sandy stunning horses.That little fella is sure a colour mix Smile

11Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 5/5/2009, 6:51 pm

sandy hatton

Hey I just realised,
that perlino colt, hes exactly the same colour silver was born, except Silver had lilic skin and blue eyes that darkened and are now golden instead of the brown u normally see in single cream dilutes

the cream buckskin taffie filly i have from pebbles was born totally white with a blue haze that seemed to halo effect up to 3 inches around her, startling bright blue eyes, darker though than china's and also turned golden brown like Silvers, she too is by Rebel, like silver he sired her before I knew he was fertile so her mum is Pebbles, Rebels mum. Silver was gelded as a late yearling and the three foals tuned up 6 months later.

Rosmels Golden Wonder Mindarishandidampebblessirerebel

here is the pinto Silver Daughter her chest has clipped out silver dapple like Titania yet she is far redder than Titania on the hair tips the silver undeaneath is identical?????

Rosmels Golden Wonder MindaripaintedladyandmJodie

Rosmels Golden Wonder Kodakpics030

12Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 5/13/2009, 2:47 pm

accphotography

Admin

Actually I honestly don't find he was "obviously silver" in his younger photos. I personally have seen young buckskins without silver that had every bit that much frosting and baby flaxen in their mane and tail. They're not *common*, but they're more common than finding silver in a breed where it is so rare, so I'd almost always assume it was just frosting and baby flaxen.

Miniatures express silver so very differently than big horses IME. I've never seen a silver buckskin mini that didn't look like exactly that (even if it was a dark, murky version). I have seen it in big horses.

ACC

13Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Rosmels Golden Wonder 6/24/2009, 11:26 pm

Twisted E Ranch

This horse has black legs, which should have diluted to brown if he carried silver, and silver can't hide other than in a red based horse... so I'm confused. How can this horse carry silver when he has black in his coat? Am I misunderstanding somehow? Not trying to be rude or snitty, I am quite curious!

RiddleMeThis wrote:This stallion has not been tested, however he has proven through breeding to be carrying silver.

His sire is the Silver Cremello Rosmels Creme De Mint. He also has two tested silver foals, one out of a purebred arab mare.

Here are a few pictures of him from his website.

14Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 6/24/2009, 11:32 pm

accphotography

Admin

His sire is a cremello who comes from a LONG line of palominos and chestnuts so the silver easily hid in that family. As for the brown legs, that's just one of the characteristics that sometimes happens with silvers, it is definitely not a requirement. For as many rules as we put on colors, there are just as many horses who break them. I've gotten used to seeing widely varying expressions in my studies. It used to be if a palomino didn't have a white mane and tail and a gold body, it wasn't a palomino. Now we have palominos that look jet black and yet we know they are truly palomino thanks to genetic testing. That is essentially the case with this stallion. he doesn't fit the phenotype per se, but he IS the genotype (proven).

ACC

15Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Rosmels 6/24/2009, 11:40 pm

Twisted E Ranch

Doesn't the Z gene dilute black pigment to brown though? I guess I'm asking why this horse isn't diluted if he is "silver." I do see the silver back in his pedigree, that I'm clear on.

16Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 6/25/2009, 3:52 am

RiddleMeThis

Twisted E Ranch wrote:Doesn't the Z gene dilute black pigment to brown though? I guess I'm asking why this horse isn't diluted if he is "silver." I do see the silver back in his pedigree, that I'm clear on.
Its "supposed" to. However it, like cream, has variable expressions, and even has things that sort of "counteract" its effect.

When a horse is silver, and cream, many times cream will "cancel" silver out and that horse will only look cream.

17Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 6/25/2009, 5:13 am

accphotography

Admin

And I've also seen cream + silvers that looked like ordinary browns or faded blacks. These genes follow their own rules.

18Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 7/1/2009, 5:40 pm

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

I believe so Suspect

19Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 10/24/2009, 11:01 pm

Stacy@Gate13

Stacy@Gate13

Our DNA tested Silver buckskin AQHA mare has very subtle silver characteristics, I'm guessing that silver is certainly affected by the cream gene. Her skin itself almost looks like that purple/pink cast that you would see common with Champaign. She also is extremely metallic as well as dappled and gets very dark in her winter coat. That said her buckskin points are not black but chocolate.

20Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 2/8/2011, 7:52 am

Valesco

Does somebody know here whether is there this breeder still?

http://www.willowbendfarm.com/

I always have been a big fan of Arabian horses but also of Welsh ponies. Even if I’m not about to start by tomorrow it has been my dream for quite a while to breed Arabian looking horses in the colors black silver dapple.

Unfortunately, I have received no answer to my inquiry, hence, I do not know whether there is this breeder still!

21Rosmels Golden Wonder Empty Re: Rosmels Golden Wonder 2/24/2011, 6:17 pm

kwwiese

Hello! Obviously I'm a little late to respond - we were not aware that there was a forum thread dedicated to Golden. I'd like to clear up a couple of earlier posts that seemed to question Golden's coloring. Golden's points are a very dark chocolate, not black, and though it does not show well in the photos, it is clearly evident in person. It wasn't until he started producing wild-colored babies that we even had an inkling that he must carry a silver gene, which was confirmed when we sent hair samples to UC Davis on multiple babies. Please visit our site if you are interested in Golden, or one of his silver-toting offspring. www.willowbendfarm.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum