Silver Equine Directory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silver Spanish stallion

+2
Safyre
Danni
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Silver Spanish stallion Empty Silver Spanish stallion 5/2/2009, 6:37 pm

Danni

Danni

For those who didn't see it already on other lists, this half Lusitano, half Andalusion stallion was tested as silver bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivntTy_EQs

http://www.intoequus.com/horses/331-arco-iris

http://www.gypsyhorsesaustralia.com/

2Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 5/2/2009, 6:54 pm

Safyre

Safyre

Is this the stallion that has been discussed so many times before? If so I am really glad they finally had him tested. That's great that he is a silver!

Thanks for posting!

http://www.SafyreStudios.com

3Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 5/3/2009, 5:55 pm

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

Shocked ooo I like that!The perfect blend of spanish looks and moves with the amazing colour silver bay Wink

4Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 5/9/2009, 2:57 am

sandy hatton

oo wouldnt he look nice at my place.

now to win lotto eh?

5Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 5/13/2009, 2:43 pm

RiddleMeThis

Does this stallion have papers?

6Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 6/20/2009, 6:46 pm

swancreek

The last I heard Arco was not color tested at all but was believed ( due to pedigree that was given but not proven with DNA or papers of any sort) to be a Sooty Palomino. The pedigree given, there would be many more "Silvers" in the Andalusian breed if the sire and dam where verified. Lines of Chestnut and Cream.
FYI: we lent a high school trained stallion we trained and owned to the owner/importer of this horse who has since gone back to Spain.
To this date as well, he has no papers in Spain or the US. What used to be called a Media Carta, was the only thing he had but all horses where these papers, sadly for the owners, became void as any horse could get them with a claimed Andalusian sire or dam. Many where found to have no Spanish or Portuguese blood in them at all, and if so, very little. (veried by Blood typing in Spain). They stopped allowing the registrations with the claimed name Media Carta in 1999. We found out about that in 2004 when we bought a horse with such papers but when we pushed to have pedigree verified the horse was resold. However since then we have purchased another stallion, importing him ourselves from Spain of Pure Spanish Portuguese Bloodlines (incorrectly called 1/2 Andalusian 1/2 Lusitano). He has been DNA`d and Micro chipped with the Spanish Military and his papers state he is of Pure Blood ("quidos de pura raza").
I will have to go back onto my papers to find the pedigree of Arco. We had been interested in this horse till we found out that he was not registered and never confirmed to be a purebred Andalusian. Please note the Spanish (PRE) and Portuguese (Lusitano) is the same horse by bloodlines. However in some Spanish lines there is a mix of Arab and Breton blood. The Breton being very simular in looks to this stallion, ARE known to have "Silver Dapple" coloring.

7Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 7/1/2009, 5:49 pm

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

I will have to go back onto my papers to find the pedigree of Arco. We had been interested in this horse till we found out that he was not registered and never confirmed to be a purebred Andalusian. Please note the Spanish (PRE) and Portuguese (Lusitano) is the same horse by bloodlines. However in some Spanish lines there is a mix of Arab and Breton blood. The Breton being very simular in looks to this stallion, ARE known to have "Silver Dapple" coloring.[/quote]
Oh man he doesn't have papers? That's a shame and we don't even know if he is a purebred andalusian...Yes Breton colouring is actual a very dark liver chestnut with a flaxen mane but Arco does not look like the breton colouring and in fact he doesn't even look like a dark palomino...Well actually more related to the breton but not quite. A "sooty" palomino as they call it doesn't have enough reddish colour to look like Arco's.Even a random chestnut mare gave birth to the very first pearl and in silver gene if he has a chesnut they may carry a hidden gene. Silver does not show on chestnut horses... Anywho it's just my opinion through my eyes.
Silver Spanish stallion Breton%20horses%20web
Silver Spanish stallion Mineralsjustingold1

8Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 7/1/2009, 6:31 pm

swancreek

Photos can be decieving..they can hide things and also add things! LOL. Bretons, like Belgians can come in many different colors and shades..here is an example..or 2 or 3..the one sure looks like she could be a silver bay) Silver Spanish stallion 2008_010
Silver Spanish stallion 2008_011
Having trouble down loading..will post the last photo later. : )
The Belgian is typically "Chestnut" yet I know of no one who color tests them. They can be deep chocolet colored, solid colored legs..and even have almost black legs and tail and manes. I have even seen a few in a Bayish color..blonde mane.
Okay it worked now
Silver Spanish stallion Bonny110

9Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 7/1/2009, 9:26 pm

RiddleMeThis

None of those Belgians you posted look silver to me.

All look fairly normal Belgian chestnut to me, and personally think they look nothing like this stallion.

10Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 7/1/2009, 11:29 pm

swancreek

Well the one is heavy panga (? spelling) the middle one is typical chestnut and the last one was almost Black with black tail but whiteish mane. The last is not typical chestnut Belgian color.
I am assuming you have never seen Arco in person at all? That is why I sent the photos of 3 different verients of Belgian color. Only the first two are typical where as the last was very very dark Bay ( almost black) color with different mane color.
Arco in person is a lot different, or was a lot different in person then in video or photos. : )
In photos his mane and tail are more whitish yet in person he looks like a plain chestnut with flaxen amen and darker flaxen tail.. depending to on light his mane and tail where pretty darn close to his body color.
I have a ee Aa mare that has dark
points", or if you will darker chestnut legs. I have another mare here for breeding who is the same color as what Arco is/was.
Where he was it is common for many horse to "bleach" out in the mane and tail with the heat and always going under the sprinklers. : )

11Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 7/2/2009, 10:16 am

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

Cool Ok I got it. But one question you've met Arco in person?

12Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 7/2/2009, 11:55 am

swancreek

Yes him and few others that where there. As I said in my first post. Ileant a high school trained stallion we imported and trained to this lady while they where in Summerland, BC.

13Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 7/3/2009, 10:16 am

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

Guess it's difficult to tell what colour he is until you actually meet him in person. So right now where are thinking he is a silver bay or sooty palomino. But in the first post he was tested to be silver bay confused LOL i guess we'll never know. Suspect

14Silver Spanish stallion Empty Re: Silver Spanish stallion 7/3/2009, 11:44 am

swancreek

He was tested ee so not a bay at all...I don`t think. I`s like to know where the first poster saw where it was claimed he was a bay with the silver gene.
He was only CALLED a Chestnur horse with a silver mane and tail. ( the ad links too are from 2006 and 2007) They have not been update and the ower doesn`t even live in Nrth America anymore.
I know of another horse that is called "Silver Grey"..so go figure. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum