Silver Equine Directory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silver Paint?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Silver Paint? Empty Silver Paint? 11/11/2011, 11:42 pm

alyciastray

I work with this guy three times a week and finally got his registered name from his owner to research his coloring. his registered name is Apaches diamond smoke. He looks like he could be a silver Bay to me, his leg points remind me of my old Silver buckskins points. He's doesn't have much flaxen in his mane or tail but he looks like he has chocolate points. What do you guys think?

Silver Paint? Imag0017

Silver Paint? Imag0018

Silver Paint? Imag0019

Silver Paint? Imag0020

2Silver Paint? Empty Re: Silver Paint? 11/17/2011, 11:41 pm

Safyre

Safyre

He doesn't look silver to me. His points look black and not diluted. I am think he has sabino at work on his legs diluting the color some.

http://www.SafyreStudios.com

3Silver Paint? Empty Re: Silver Paint? 11/20/2011, 12:03 am

alyciastray

It could be sabino helping it have that silvery look but after I put him on another color forum I think he might be a "wild bay" and that's why he doesn't have any actual black hairs( i'm still researching it though) To bad, it would of been awesome to find another paint line carrying silver... the search continues! Very Happy

4Silver Paint? Empty Re: Silver Paint? 11/20/2011, 4:11 pm

Safyre

Safyre

If he was wild bay I wouldn't think he would have black on his hocks. The wild bays I have seen barely have black above their fetlocks. I am really thinking it's sabino and maybe rabicano coming through. He's cool looking regardless. Smile

http://www.SafyreStudios.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum