Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help, what are my horses color

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Help, what are my horses color on 6/30/2010, 3:16 pm

Last edited by donnerschweer on 6/30/2010, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add picture)

View user profile

2 Re: Help, what are my horses color on 6/30/2010, 11:11 pm

The darker horse is definitely flaxen chestnut.

The draft is either chestnut or palomino. No silver. The black on the legs is from sooty. I'm fairly certain he's palomino. So whoever told you, told you correctly. Laughing

View user profile

3 Silver bay on 7/3/2010, 9:51 pm

smokeysg

The one with darker legs looks like a silver bay.

4 Re: Help, what are my horses color on 7/3/2010, 10:07 pm

IMO the pasterns are too light for a black base and I see no sign of ear tips or dark roots in the forelock.

View user profile

5 more on my horse on 7/31/2010, 6:59 am

The one with the light coat and dark legs is 13 yo. His mane is a mix of beige, gray, white and black (salt and pepper). his forlock is not the same texture as his mane, more like duvet. I never really notice before but eyelash are white/gray. When his leg are unclip they look darker.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=589465543#!/photo.php?pid=4995486&id=589465543&ref=album
here is a picture of him when I just got him. I also had to clip him to find that he has a partial white sox on a back leg.
He is a Canadian cross. Canadian are encester to the Morgans.

Last edited by donnerschweer on 7/31/2010, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

View user profile

6 Re: Help, what are my horses color on 8/1/2010, 8:39 pm

I'm still seeing palomino on the first one.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum