Silver Equine Directory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is he a Silver?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is he a Silver? Empty Is he a Silver? 9/4/2010, 11:08 am

paintedeagles

paintedeagles

This is Bandit. His dam is a black. His sire a tri-color. Him and all his sibling were born with white lashes. They developed striped hooves and dark manes went silver or had blonde tips.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f20/15/60/86/23/16064_12.jpg

2Is he a Silver? Empty Re: Is he a Silver? 9/5/2010, 12:34 am

accphotography

Admin

I personally think he's just black. Do you have photos of the parents?

3Is he a Silver? Empty Bandit, sire and dam. 9/5/2010, 8:31 pm

paintedeagles

paintedeagles

http://forum.silverequine.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-paintedeagles/Personal-album-of-paintedeagles-cat_c18.htm?user_id=97
Click on this link to my persoanl gallery.

4Is he a Silver? Empty Re: Is he a Silver? 9/5/2010, 10:30 pm

accphotography

Admin

Is there any chance of the black dam carrying cream?

I'm still thinking black, and chestnut for the full brother.

5Is he a Silver? Empty Re: Is he Silver 9/5/2010, 11:00 pm

paintedeagles

paintedeagles

Both dam and sire have duns, buckskins and palaminos in their lineage. Bandit's mane tips are going blonde and Monkey has silver streaks in his mane now, he is registered as a chocolate palamino. The other this year's colt out of Doc is a palimino tob out of a palamino tob, however the little guy is so pale he looks white.
I added a picture of Bandits mane changes.

6Is he a Silver? Empty Re: Is he a Silver? 9/6/2010, 1:40 am

accphotography

Admin

I think most of that is foal hair bleaching out.

Did Monkey look more classically palomino when he was younger?

7Is he a Silver? Empty Re: Is he Silver 9/6/2010, 5:25 am

paintedeagles

paintedeagles

No to your question. He was paler, but still red. His summer coat is more muted with darker points on his legs, that aren't black, just alittle darker than his body coat.

8Is he a Silver? Empty Re: Is he a Silver? 9/6/2010, 2:55 pm

accphotography

Admin

Hmmmm interesting. He just doesn't strike me as palomino at all. The darker points could be interesting too though.

9Is he a Silver? Empty Re: Is he silver 9/6/2010, 3:55 pm

paintedeagles

paintedeagles

Thats what I thought too. However that is how APHA registered him. Afew years ago the same sire and dam threw an interesting filly. Registered as a black, but she went Blue Roan with a silver mane and tail. At birth she was a really strange color of dark silver grey. I've gotten all colors so far, but silver in the mane and tail and striped hooves are a constant. The only two colors I haven't seen yet from this stud is a true black and a grulla.

Last edited by paintedeagles on 9/6/2010, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : horrible spelling)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum