Silver Equine Directory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is she a silver?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is she a silver? Empty Is she a silver? 1/7/2010, 9:55 pm

Chris54

Kitty is a rocky mountain, about 7 months old. She has brown points and her mane and tail are brown too (almost like a dark chocolate color.) Her mother was a red chocolate. I am wondering if she passed the silver, since her points are not black.

Chris

Is she a silver? 111

Is she a silver? 211

2Is she a silver? Empty Re: Is she a silver? 1/7/2010, 10:59 pm

accphotography

Admin

And her sire was what color?

It's very possible. I don't THINK she is, however I've seen silver buckskins less obvious than her.

ACC

3Is she a silver? Empty Re: Is she a silver? 1/8/2010, 2:14 am

Chris54

Her father (McGuire's Ghost) is listed as a smoky creme. Both of his sire and dam were both chocolate so they both had silver. So it is very provable that Ghost carries a silver gene too.

Chris

4Is she a silver? Empty Re: Is she a silver? 1/8/2010, 2:29 am

accphotography

Admin

Well the percentage of chance that she has silver is VERY high given that breeding.

Do you have a photo of her as a suckling, preferably very early on?

ACC

5Is she a silver? Empty silver buckskin 1/8/2010, 7:04 pm

Chris54

This is the earliest picture I have of her. She is approx. 1 month old. I made a mistake, her mother is chocolate. I was thinking of the two red chocolate's that were also in the field. Either way, they are both chocolate.

Thanks,
Chris

Is she a silver? Kittya10

6Is she a silver? Empty Re: Is she a silver? 1/8/2010, 7:12 pm

accphotography

Admin

Unfortunately that's just not really a common young color for a silver buckskin. Most of them look more like this:
Is she a silver? Golden%20as%20baby[img][/img]

ACC

7Is she a silver? Empty Re: Is she a silver? 1/8/2010, 7:37 pm

Chris54

Thanks, she definately does not have the white mane and tail. I'm wondering if I should have her tested, but it looks as though she isn't silver. I thought maybe she needed the silver to make her points brown and they are brown as brown as can be. No black on her at all.

8Is she a silver? Empty Re: Is she a silver? 1/8/2010, 11:48 pm

accphotography

Admin

That's age related. Many young horses don't have their black until 2 or 3 or even 4.

I would still test her personally. Very Happy

ACC

9Is she a silver? Empty Re: Is she a silver? 1/11/2010, 11:24 am

Silver Spring Farm

I would definitely test her. Silver can be nearly impossible to see on some buckskins because silver and cream tend to cancel each other out. The bleaching of her mane certainly makes me suspect that silver is there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum