Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do silvers have blue eyes

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Do silvers have blue eyes on 10/25/2011, 8:31 pm

Hello

Ive had a miniature mare which is a silver bay (99% sure) give birth to a grey colt with two blue eyes, who also has a appy blanket.

His sire is a palomino appy and dam silver bay, so i was woundering if any one knows if silvers nornally have blue eyes? and what colour the foal is????

ive added a photo

cheers

Korin[img][/img]

View user profile

2 Re: Do silvers have blue eyes on 2/2/2012, 2:42 pm

No, silver does not cause blue eyes. Blue eyes would be most likely caused by a white pattern gene such as frame overo or splash.

Some double dilutes (cremello, perlino etc.) have bluish eyes but it's a very different shade of teal-ish blue.

That mare is unusually light for a bay silver - could she perhaps be a buckskin or bay dun silver? What color is the colt's sire?

View user profile

3 Re: Do silvers have blue eyes on 10/24/2012, 7:18 pm

appy can play havoc with base coats but I think the foal could be a silver smoky black (you will have to wait and see how he changes) and the mare looks more palomino than silver bay , as for blue eyes I had a silver dunskin born with the same colour eyes , they changed to hazel and then to a light brown at around 4 months old

View user profile http://www.celticmistminiaturehorses.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum