Silver Equine Directory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Equine Directory

Directory for stallion owners, breeders of silver gene / silver dapple horses. Sales, want ads and discussions too!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our Silver Perlino foaled.

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Our Silver Perlino foaled. 6/17/2009, 1:57 am

swancree

Our Perlino Silver mare (EE Aa NZ) mare foaled to day. She has given us one Buckskin Silver already, last year she gave us a Homozygous Buckskin (EE AA) and this year..I am sure is a Silver, again. Of course a colt. Was hoping for a filly to keep from her due to her age. : )
However, my hubby says we can NOT sell this colt ( he KNOWS my rules of keeping fillies only!LOL) and his reason is: we don`t know if Happy_lips will ever have another foal....
We are thinking of breeding her on her foal heat either back to the same sire (EE Aa..possible Brown At but not tested) OR our one Perlino stallion (Ee Aa).
FYI she is 1/2 QH, 1/2 Welsh and although pass owners tried breeding her to QH and TB stallions she never got in foal as "she`s a hard mare to breed"..we have never had any problems breeding her. : ) Heck we didn`t buy her to breed her but so she`d get vetting, farrier and just plan good care (lawn mower job)..till of course she crawled under the boards and cornered the stud to have her first foal for us January 28 2007 Smile Hard to breed? She`s a hussy!LOL
The other 2 foals (colts) we had from her had barring but either Blueish ( the silver one) or Black..the Homozygous one. THIS colt, interestingly has Taffy colored barring with a mostly White mane and tail ( we know he is homozygous for the Black gene so is NOT a Palomino).
He is 1/2 Andalusian. Our Silver Perlino foaled. 2009_058
He also has the star burting around the eyes.
Our Silver Perlino foaled. 2009_059

2Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 6/17/2009, 1:13 pm

accphotography

Admin

Looks like a standard buckskin based on those photos.

ACC

3Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 6/17/2009, 1:36 pm

swancreek

delete post

Last edited by swancreek on 7/17/2009, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/2/2009, 10:20 am

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

Actually he does look like a silver buckskin if you look closely.The end of his mane has white in it but that could mean the he is a light buttermilk buckskin. But i doubt it. Twisted Evil

5Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/2/2009, 1:25 pm

accphotography

Admin

The photos are backlit so I don't trust my eyes. Laughing

ACC

6Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/2/2009, 2:14 pm

swancreek

delete post

Last edited by swancreek on 7/17/2009, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/2/2009, 8:49 pm

accphotography

Admin

Photography term, sorry. Laughing The lighting coming from behind the subject. It tends to lighten and illuminate things. This is back lit:
http://www.accphotography.com/gallery/download/16618-3/IMG_3698.jpg

It makes her hair look alot whiter/blonder than it is. It does that especially with fine hair and I've been fooled into thinking some chestnut foals were flaxen due to it, etc. I prefer to judge color from photos taken on an overcast day or with the light low (late afternoon) and behind the photographer. Oh and nothing behind the horse that can be seen as part of them (like his light colored mom standing behind his mane).

But that's from a photographer's eye so shots unlike that might be easier for other people to see than they are for me.

ACC

8Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/2/2009, 9:16 pm

swancreek

delete post

Last edited by swancreek on 7/17/2009, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/2/2009, 9:21 pm

swancreek

delete post

Last edited by swancreek on 7/17/2009, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/2/2009, 9:23 pm

accphotography

Admin

Wow is he a pretty shade.

I see alot of baby flaxen and buckskin frosting right now. Silver could definitely be there *I* just don't see it yet. Laughing

ACC

11Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/2/2009, 9:30 pm

swancreek

delete post

Last edited by swancreek on 7/17/2009, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/3/2009, 10:13 am

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

Hmmm swancreek he looks now like a frosty horse. Now he looks silver to me for sure. Razz Oh and the foal at the bottom looks really silvery cheers

13Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/3/2009, 11:59 am

swancreek

delete post

Last edited by swancreek on 7/17/2009, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/3/2009, 6:23 pm

accphotography

Admin

I'll be waiting for this one to shed. Laughing

ACC

15Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/3/2009, 6:49 pm

swancreek

delete post

Last edited by swancreek on 7/17/2009, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/4/2009, 1:47 am

accphotography

Admin

Oh no they're clearly buckskin. I'm just not sure in my own mind if they're silver or not.

ACC

17Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/4/2009, 10:32 am

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

Laughing Oh ACC it takes a lot of proof to convince you. Now to him he has the silver thing going on.

18Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/4/2009, 2:28 pm

swancreek

delete post

Last edited by swancreek on 7/17/2009, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

19Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/6/2009, 9:45 am

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

OMG Shocked He is gorgeous i just love the frosting that silver puts on a buckskin.

20Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/6/2009, 10:22 am

accphotography

Admin

I've never known silver to add frosting to a buckskin. Interesting.

ACC

21Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/9/2009, 9:55 am

SilverDilute

SilverDilute

Actually it doesn't except that the silver gene on a buckskin makes the horse look frosty.

22Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/9/2009, 3:29 pm

accphotography

Admin

Well that was kinda my point. That horse simply looks frosted to me. I don't see a silver mane and tail. But then again I've seen silver buckskin with ZERO white/silver int heir mane and tail so who knows.

ACC

23Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/17/2009, 8:25 pm

mindari

all my buckskin silvers have brown points no black hair whatsoever

Just received their test results back

this guy is a smokey black, ZZ silver

Our Silver Perlino foaled. Mindarisilverrebelqueeniesgrands-3

this mare is a buckskin silver and always had brown points even at birth
same for the two fillies previous to titania who was also born buckskin silver

Our Silver Perlino foaled. Mindaripebblesdamalsoofthesirerebel

here is shandy one of the buckskin slivers, she was actually born almost pure white with a blue sheen

Our Silver Perlino foaled. Mindarishandidampebblessirerebel

this one titania I now know is a brown silver,
Our Silver Perlino foaled. Kodakpics044-1

the day she was born

Our Silver Perlino foaled. Mindarititniaa

24Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/17/2009, 8:27 pm

mindari

sorry meant the two sisters previous to titania were buckskin slivers.

titania is a brown silver and ZZ as well as EE Aa

25Our Silver Perlino foaled. Empty Re: Our Silver Perlino foaled. 7/17/2009, 8:30 pm

mindari

the white mare with the silver head I now know is also a smokey black silver as she and silver produced this boy

who i gelded as a foal before realising he was probably EE aa ZZ sigh

Our Silver Perlino foaled. Chinadollfoalsurprisebysilverrebel

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum